Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hey Boo: Harper Lee and 'To Kill a Mockingbird'



Blues:

I hope you enjoyed today’s viewing of the documentary, Hey Boo: Harper Lee and ‘To Kill a Mockingbird.’  More importantly, I hope it gave you something of a glimpse of what it meant to live in America before and during the Civil Rights Movement as well as during The Great Depression, even if that glimpse was a very, very brief one. As we read the novel together, I think we’ll be able to draw on this background knowledge frequently.

Tonight, compose a word document answering the questions that you took notes on while you watched Hey Boo

How did Harper Lee’s America shape the novel?
How did Harper Lee’s life experience influence the novel?
What was the importance of the novel at the time it was published?
Why is the novel still relevant today?

If you have any questions, find the answers. And if you run out of options, please email me.

Word hard: luck means nothing.

We’ll talk tomorrow.

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment