Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"Breather" Over



Blues:

I really appreciated everyone’s input on chapter 11, today, and I hope that you found the discussion as fruitful as I did. As we continue reading To Kill a Mockingbird, I expect you to bring the same close attention to detail to each chapter. Remember this: good readers, as a habit, summarize plot, question elements they do not understand, and connect to literature with each new paragraph and page. Your personal engagement with the text is crucial to your understanding of it. Assignments such as my asking you to annotate are meant to encourage these habits, so don’t take them lightly.

Along those lines, I want you to make sure that your annotation is thorough. After that, I want you to consider the following questions:

1.) Based on your analysis of chapter 11 and your reading of chapter 1, what have your learned about the way Harper Lee writes? First you’re going to have to describe how Harper Lee writes, then I want you to consider why she writes the way that she does.

2.) What things/ideas/feelings are most important to Harper Lee? Pull evidence from chapters 1 and 11. (Hint: that means to find quotes)

Write up your responses in CloudOn and submit your thoughts before our class. Tomorrow we will make up for today being so hurried and ultimately lackluster.

PS. Don’t worry about the graphic organizer in the TKAM folder just yet.

Word hard: luck means nothing.

We’ll talk tomorrow.

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment