Tuesday, September 18, 2012

There's No "I" in Characterization



Blues:

First of all, I want to say that I appreciate the work you all put in this morning. Small group work is made and broken on each student’s willingness to work, and you guys clearly came to play today.

Tonight’s homework is to finish the characterization graphic organizers that you began in your teams of 3. Remember that you are inferring the character traits of Esperanza, her mother, her father, Nenny, and the house itself from the evidence presented to you from pages 3 to 11. After that, you are to make a list of figurative language used by Sandra Cisneros from pages 12-25. Note any patterns you see and make connections to the figurative language from p. 3-11 when applicable. Tomorrow we will be discussing our thoughts on Esperanza, her relationships to her family and neighborhood, and the connections between Esperanza and Cisneros (where we can), but you need to do the work and reading before you can speak intelligently on any of the above.

As for me, I’m focusing on correcting the second drafts of your belief essays, so please make sure everything is submitted.

That’s all for now. If you have any questions, find the answers. If you run out of options, email me.
Word hard: luck means nothing.

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment