Monday, September 10, 2012

"The Stone Boy" Continued



Sirs:
 
I couldn’t be happier with the way today’s discussion on “The Stone Boy” went. Tonight, I want you to continue thinking about Gina Berriault’s short story by answering the following questions however you see fit:

What is “The Stone Boy” about? And what is Gina Berriault trying to communicate about people and the ways in which we interact with one another?

Use your own questions as a jumping-off point, just as we did in class, and pay very close attention to the text: 9 times out of 10, the answers will be staring you right in the face.

Lastly, please resist the temptation to “look it up.” I’m not interested in what anyone else has to say about this. I want to know what you think, and I want to know why you think it, so whenever possible please write down relevant page numbers and quotes.

If you have any questions, email me.

Work hard: luck means nothing.

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment