Hello hello!
Unfortunately we ran out of time before I could adequately explain tonight's homework assignment, but I'm going to choose to look at the bright side: now we have a legitimate opportunity to see if our blog works as an effective means of communication.
Today in class I asked you to agree or disagree with 15 statements regarding various topics, including friendship, trust, luck, love, and the like. Then you shared your opinions with your classmates, in pairs and as a whole group--my attempt at getting you to contemplate deceptively easy statements from other people's perspectives.
Tonight, I want you to read about another person's belief: Elvia Bautista. You can find her personal essay by using the following link: "Remembering All the Boys". After reading, paraphrase Bautista's belief by putting it in your own words. After doing that, quote three significant passages/lines that you feel you can relate to and then writing either a question, comment, experience, or emotion that this quote brings up for you. In total, you should have 1 paraphrase, 3 quotes, and 3 personal reactions (1 for each quote). You can either write this on a piece of paper or create a new "note" using the "Notes" app, depending on what's easiest for you.
If you have any questions feel free to email me.
May the blog be ever in your favor.
- AC
No comments:
Post a Comment