Hello all and welcome to our official class blog! As this is my first venture in trying to utilize a website to enhance the grade 9 curricula I am equal parts excited and anxious, so please bear with me as I struggle with the inevitable learning curve. Eventually, this website will serve as the central hub of our class: it will be a place for me to post editable word documents of class assignments and their associated rubrics as well as an interactive, digital bookcase to collect linkable texts, movies, images, and websites related to our class readings and discussions. At the heart of this project is exactly that: discussion. Our conversations concerning the literature and the themes and the questions that we will be dealing with throughout this semester cannot end when we depart room 207. Some of you will be grappling with/exploring them your whole lives. In creating a space for us to keep our conversations going, I hope to engender a spirit of collaboration in that exploration. You’re not alone in any of this, because we’re here to help and learn from one another.
If we do what we need to--if we all put forth the maximum effort and trust each other to openly and honestly reflect upon our work together--I am sure that this will be a success. Thanks for reading: I am very much looking forward to this semester and this project.
- AC
No comments:
Post a Comment